Bloating can turn a beautiful meal into a horror show. When gas accumulates in the digestive tract, it starts to build up in the intestines and stomach. And it has to be processed, sooner or later, which can interfere with a polite setting. Certain foods are the culprit, and avoiding them can limit the need to excuse yourself from guests as the inevitable results of a meal loaded with gas causing food starts to build up on you. And even if it’s not the rude gas, salty meals can encourage water to stick around in your tissues, leading to a flabbier physique and the unhappy notion of not being able to fit quite as well into your favorite dress any longer.
- Beer and carbonation is an obvious problem; all that gas incorporated into the beverage or food is almost immediately released and starts looking for a way out of your body.
- Heavily processed foods, such as soups and pre-made frozen dinners, are often high in salt and will cause you to retain water.
- Cruciferous vegetables are a prime culprit; sure they’re good for you, but they’re also a cause of being gassy.
- Dairy products, if you’re lactose intolerant, are another no go.
- And beans, the old target, can hit hard.
Are you tired of feeling bloated? Try these foods to get that flat belly you want! #HealthStatus
- 1Some foods have a lot of salt, such as frozen dinners and canned soups.
- 2Salt is often added to add to flavor and preserve foods.
- 3Salt can cause people to retain water and feel very bloated.