In this article we explore a Australian Ninja Warrior, Katie Williams on a journey to become sober for 2 months as she quits alcohol to see what changes and what affects her. What she found to be the most surprising out of all of this was the fact that during this cut out period of alcoholic drinks, she noticed she would eat more sugar throughout the day or have cravings for it, which in turn made her eat a lot more but she didn’t do this experiment for weight loss, but during her training time to get more fit. She notes in this article that sugar will boost the levels of the chemical dopamine which is the same thing alcohol will do by pumping what she calls “happy chemicals” to your system which makes for you to want to drink another beer and knock them down one by one. Another thing she noted but it was way more positive was that mood swings didn’t happen that regularly and she mostly stayed good on that and how sober sleeping felt wonderful. But the social disconnection she felt without alcohol was a big negative for her but throughout her journey she felt good about taking 2 months off from being indulged in alcoholic drinks.
- 1When her weekend drinks turned into week round drinking, one physical trainer decided to make a change.
- 2While her alcohol use started as a reward system, wine for good behavior, she found it came with cons as well as pros.
- 3By reducing alcohol intake, she found her body was healthier due to the reduced amount of sugar being processed from the ingested alcohol.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021