The chewing and spitting disorder is a real eating disorder where you chew the food up then spit it out, rather than swallow it. Not only is this disorder dangerous, but it is also addictive. When the food is in your mouth for long enough, it can get to the pleasure centers of your brain and give you a sort of high. What is bad, is that your body misses out on the valuable nutrients in the food. Even though it may be a disorder that you have never heard of or heard much about, it is more common than you think. Luckily there is a hotline that can help with recovery. There are people to talk to, and treatments to help with recovery. Educating yourself about the issue can help end this horrible disorder.
- 1However, the story continues to be told, which can be just as dangerous as the actual illnesses are. Stigma is the primary barrier to seeking professional help.
- 2This means having a more inclusive understanding of who develops eating disorders, as well as expanding our knowledge of the actual illnesses.
- 3Chewing bites of food and spitting them out, rather than swallowing. Despite its lesser-known status, it is still a significant and dangerous disorder.
One of the most injurious facets of eating disorders is the stigma surrounding them. Despite a growing body of research confirming neurobiological and genetic causes of eating disorders, there are persisting misconceptions that these illnesses are lifestyles choices caused primarily by social or psychological factors.
Read the full article at: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/blog/facts-about-chewing-and-spitting-disorder
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021