The food that will be consumed this holiday season often times leaves the stomach in a horrible not. The high fats, carb, and sugary food can throw off digestion for weeks to come. It is important to take steps to protect your stomach and limit any discomfort that will come with holiday eating. There are ways to keep your body healthy and enjoy a fun and festive holiday season. If snacking is on your agenda, then eat pistachios and your body will thank you. They offer tons of nutrients and will promote good digestion. Also putting together foods and drinks that look festive, but are still healthy is possible. Something like pomegranate juice can be used to make beautiful drinks, that will deliver what your body needs.
- 1Kiwifruit is a low FODMAP fruit. With a simple slice and help from a spoon, you can enjoy them on their own. The Zespri SunGold kiwi has a bright yellow inside with a smooth outer skin and a delicious tropical sweet taste.
- 2ProNourish, from Nestle Health Science, is a new Low FODMAP Nutritional Drink. It has 3 grams of fiber, 15 grams of protein and is gluten free. ProNourish is suitable for lactose intolerance and it has no high fructose corn syrup or sugar alcohols.
- 3POM 100% Pomegranate Juice has no added sugar or artificial ingredients–it’s simply 100% pomegranate juice. One 8 ounce bottle has the juice of 2 whole pomegranates and the beautiful red color you see comes from the pomegranate polypheynols.
Not only do pistachios taste delicious, they delivers loads of good nutrition, with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals and a nice big serving size with 49 kernels.
Read the full article at: https://www.rebeccascritchfield.com/2016/12/08/avoid-gut-rut-wholesome-foods-holiday-entertaining/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021