In the past, treatment for those with eating disorders wasn’t always easy to find. Fortunately, technology has changed all of that. Comprehensive treatment via online support groups and/or therapy is now available to virtually anyone with an internet connection and a smartphone, laptop or tablet. Online treatment could include medical and psychiatric care, medication management, nutritional rehabilitation, psychotherapy and group counseling. Working with trained professionals that have specialized experience in this area can be very important for those suffering from an eating disorder. Online group therapy can be helpful in that it brings together people who share some common experiences. The downside of an online group session versus an in-person session is that it’s more difficult for participants to form personal connections. While online group therapy and support groups can be very effective, they should be classified as a supplement to an overall treatment plan and not a replacement for in-person treatment when available. Online therapy services are ideal for use in outpatient care once recovery has been firmly established. Online support is also appropriate for those with limited financial resources or where in-person treatment just isn’t available. When researching online group sessions, be sure to inquire about how the group is run and the credentials of the therapist leading it. Online support groups can be a helpful aspect of recovery, particularly for individuals who may not have nearby connections or are with limited resources.
- 1Online support groups can be a helpful aspect of recovery, particularly for individuals who may not have nearby connections or are with limited resources
- 2An eating disorder professional may not always be within reach or in areas that are not as populous
- 3Group therapy can bring together individuals who share a similar experience in a therapeutic setting, and while these groups are traditionally held in person, groups can also occur online
Working with professionals who are specialized in eating disorders is also an important aspect of treatment, as these professionals have training and experience to address the many unique issues and challenges faced with this disease. However, an eating disorder professional may not always be within reach or in areas that are not as populous. This is where online services may be helpful.
Read the full article at: https://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/blog/effectiveness-online-group-therapy
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study: CBD May Be Useful In Treating Breast Cancer - November 20, 2018
- Natural Cold and Flu Remedies From Around the World - November 19, 2018
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018