In many instances, a person who is struggling with acute symptoms for an eating disorder will be admitted for issues related to the eating disorder, rather than the eating disorder itself. While hospitals have emergency services that are able to accommodate these types of complications, not all hospitals are necessarily equipped with the resources for individuals suffering from eating disorders. Specialized eating disorder units within hospitals are rarer but can be particularly effective for the most severe eating disorders that need care and intervention beyond symptom resolution. While inpatient care can help temporarily stabilize issues resulting from an eating disorder, seeking treatment within a specialized eating disorder unity can be more effective in addressing the root of the problem at hand.
- 1You will need to know when the right time is for specialized care.
- 2Not all hospitals are going to have all the services for a eating disorder.
- 3But it is best if you can be in the hospital here as they have around the clock care.
While hospitalization care is not necessarily for any great lengths of time, it is often the most intense.
Read the full article at: https://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/blog/eating-disorder-units-hospitals
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What the Experts Say Are the Best Supplements for Your Brain - July 23, 2018
- 5 Healthy Seeds You Should Add to Your Diet Today - July 23, 2018
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018