More and more research is being done into the causes and drivers of obesity. I have believed for a long time that obesity is not as simple as the old energy in, energy out solution that most people seem to be willing to offer up to anyone who is overweight. I heard of Dr Robyn Toomath’s book Fat Science not long after it had come out. It is a really good and interesting read and if you are or have ever struggled with your weight you will find it particularly insightful. Dr Toomath has worked within the New Zealand health system for many years and when her book was published she was working at Auckland City Hospital as clinical director of general medicine. Over the course of her career she has observed many interesting things in the patients she was working with and with everything she learnt from that she advocated to the government for a change in how public health measures (in relation to obesity) were delivered so that they were better targeted and were actually the things we need that would make a valuable impact.
- 1Dr Robyn Toomath’s book, Fat Science, is an important read for anyone who has struggled with their weight.
- 2The book discusses why most diets don’t work and why they can even be dangerous.
- 3Dr. Toomath also gives insight into the medical and biological side of obesity and why it has become such a problem for a large portion of the population.
Dr Toomath has worked within the New Zealand health system for many years and when her book was published she was working at Auckland City Hospital as clinical director of general medicine.
Read the full article at: https://melissalosesit.co.nz/2017/02/28/fat-science-dr-robyn-toomath/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021