Eating disorders, such as bulimia, binge eating disorder, and anorexia, are serious illnesses that involve extreme emotions, attitudes, and behaviors surrounding food, exercise, and body image. Fathers dealing with daughters who have an eating disorder struggle on many levels. Just like a bad boyfriend the more you protest the closer she will cling. This article is written by a Father of a daughter struggling with anorexia. It is clever how he paints the picture that her eating disorder is named Ed. And just like a bad boyfriend he must let his daughter see Ed for what he is. Not her friend and not wanting the best for her. Parents must walk a fine line in their children’s lives.
- 1Your daughter is not trying to hurt you. Don’t get angry.
- 2Love, listen and encourage.
- 3Give her space but don’t leave her alone.
In a nutshell, you have to love your daughter 24/7.
Read the full article at: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/blog/a-fathers-guide-to-getting-rid-of-ed
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How Scrabble Affects the Way You Use Your Brain - February 18, 2020
- 5 Workouts That Will Surely Help You Define Your Chest Muscles - February 17, 2020
- 5 Steps To Improve Your Sleep Hygiene - February 13, 2020