I can remember when I first became aware of weight loss surgery. I was a teenager and saw a couple of documentaries on TV about it and was fascinated by the whole thing. I had always been overweight and had trouble losing and maintaining a lower weight but I never imagined, at that point, that I would get big enough myself to end up being a good candidate for weight loss surgery. Have you been watching from the sidelines wondering if weight loss surgery is something you could or would ever do? There are things to consider aside from just the medical qualifications that make someone a good candidate for weight loss surgery that I will discuss in this post, I hope you find it helpful. One of my first thoughts about weight loss surgery is that it’s a pretty extreme measure to take to get on top of your weight problem. I can remember thinking if these people were just disciplined enough and could stick to a diet they wouldn’t have got to this point of needing surgical intervention. I don’t think it was until I had tried every big name diet you can think of and many other things that I came to a point of realizing what pushes someone to start considering weight loss surgery as a serious option and how naïve my view of how someone should be able to sort it out was.
- 1That weight loss surgery is an extreme form of weight loss and it should be taken with care.
- 2That it is important to find out the medical qualifications for weight loss surgery or else it can have bad results.
- 3It is important to stay humble when it comes to weight loss and therefore glorifying weight loss surgery is not recommended.
You are a good candidate for weight loss surgery if your mobility and activity levels are impacted by your weight/size. It may not be terribly apparent to you if your mobility is being affected and it wasn’t until I really thought about it in response to a questionnaire I had to fill in for the hospital that asked me this question that I realised.
Read the full article at: http://melissalosesit.co.nz/2017/01/24/would-i-be-a-good-candidate-for-weight-loss-surgery/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What Causes Student Stress And How To Avoid It In College - February 21, 2020
- Science Reveals Fascinating Insights About Who We Are And Where We Come From - February 20, 2020
- What To Look For In Quality Chiropractic Graduate Schools - February 20, 2020