Most people lose more weight up front with a gastric bypass, but overtime results are similar to those using gastric sleeves and bands. Most people choose the gastric bypass, perhaps in part because losing weight quickly is a priority for many people. Another reason might be that gastric bypasses are more effective in curing diabetes. Regardless of what method you choose, you are likely to lose significant amounts of weight. Remember, gastric bypasses have been around for the longest, and are the most widely used method of surgical weight loss.
- 1The main surgeries performed worldwide are Gastric Bypass, Gastric Band and Gastric Sleeve.
- 2A recent study shows that after the Gastric Bypass, 84% percent of patients resolved diabetes II, 48% after Gastric Band and 72% after Gastric Sleeve.
- 3A person may suffer from insufficient nutrition, risk of dumping syndrome and anastomotic leakage after Gastric Bypass.
See the original at: http://www.nordbariatric.com/en/articles/infographics/different-wls-compared
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Post Workout Drink: Pickle Juice? - May 22, 2019
- Can You Still Get Mumps Even Though You Are Vaccinated? - May 20, 2019
- Are Eggs Good or Bad for You? New Research Rekindles Debate - May 15, 2019