Beginning at the age of 17, Judy Tsuei developed an eating disorder. The disorder didn’t leave as quickly as it came; it lasted for 15 years. It took a lot of intentionality and a desire to be better to face off with this thing that had plagued her for so long. Finally, she did it! She was on her way to a bright and healthy future. She wrote a book, met her husband in a bold move to the island of Kauai, and got pregnant. The pregnancy didn’t turn out how she expected and she became extremely sick. What should have been a joyful time, transported her back to the 15 year struggle she wrestled with earlier in her life. She was facing off, once again, with her demons. Although, this time was different. She took what she had learned and used it to combat those thoughts, urges, and feelings. She made it through her pregnancy and had a beautiful daughter and now empowers women with beautiful truths. Her body that she had put through so much torture in her past was now able to give nourishment and life to another.
- 1I watched an afterschool special that was solely designed to warn girls against bulimia.
- 2Little did I know that it would propel me into over 15 years of bingeing, purging, compulsively overeating
- 3I now have a daughter and it breaks my heart to think about passing on any of my eating disordered ways to her.
I cannot let this book, this story about my eating disorder, hold me back from moving forward in my life anymore. I want to start living
Read the full article at: http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2016/08/31/being-a-mama-with-an-eating-disorder/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Death By Coronavirus: Covered By Life Insurance Policies? - April 1, 2020
- How To Shop For Medicine and Healthy Food Whilst Saving Money During The Coronavirus - March 31, 2020
- 5 Habits That Are Affecting Your Flexibility And Range Of Motion - March 27, 2020