Diet, it is the worse kind of word. It means you feel you are over weight, the F word, Fat. Just thinking about having to go on a diet sends you down a spiral of junk food and ice cream. We do that thinking we are going to work it off, we just want a last taste before we “never” eat unhealthy again. As we all know it never works out, you lose the weight, as if you are cured, then you start shoveling everything back in your face, all but to gain the weight back and sometimes more. Well let’s be real, we don’t need a diet, but a life style change, along with how we view each other. We have the opportunity to change what the word diet means and how every day woman are viewed. Don’t get fooled by the magazine covers, work has been done, and it was not by going on a diet.
- 11. Remember that this is advertising. I don’t even know how many people are behind that single photograph, but I bet it’s a lot. Photographers, stylists, makeup artists, the person who controls the fan to make the celebrity’s hair flutter… that’s not real life.
- 22. Think about your best friend or significant other. What do you love about them? I doubt it’s that they have a six-pack or slender thighs.
- 33. Give ads and magazines the cold shoulder. Instead of looking at those tabloids as you check out, chat with the cashier or another customer in line. You could also just stare at your phone, but that’s not my thing.
Sadly, it is necessary to have your guard up, because this rampant advertising has been brainwashing us for decades. Consider that an astounding 42% of girls in grades 1-3 want to be thinner. These are girls as young as seven years old! In just a few short years they will join the 81% of 10-year-olds who have a fear of being fat.
Read the full article at: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/blog/you-have-the-power-to-challenge-diet-culture
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021