A hair transplant can be a very detailed and long process for both men and women. Excellent knowledge of the steps of the procedure can ensure a perfect hair transplant if the need for one ever arises. The first step entails a consultation including a comprehensive hair loss diagnosis. The second step in the process is called harvesting. Harvesting is the hair removal process and usually uses either follicular unit grafting or follicular unit extraction. The next step, dissection, includes sorting the follicles under a powerful binocular microscope. By keeping them intact, the result will be much healthier and natural looking hair. The fourth step is implantation. This is the most important step to ensure hair looks natural and things run smoothly. Finally, the last step is maintenance. It is important to combine nonsurgical hair loss treatments with a long term plan to prevent future hair loss and keep your hair transplant results looking fresh. By following these steps to success, you will have an amazing change in your hair’s appearance.
- 1The first step in any hair restoration plan should always be a thorough and comprehensive hair loss diagnosis.
- 2The real key to a truly natural looking hair transplant is in the placement and angling of the grafts.
- 3Hair loss is usually progressive and hair transplantation only moves healthy hair follicles into thinning areas; it does not prevent further hair loss from occurring.
Our expert hair restoration surgeons Dr. Edmond Griffin and Dr. Ashley Curtis understand the level of care and attention to detail that is required at each and every stage of the process.
Read the full article at: https://www.griffincenter.com/blog/2016/12/13/5-steps-to-a-successful-hair-transplant/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 6 Common Oral Conditions And What To Do About Them - June 2, 2021
- What Is A Gut Biome? - May 20, 2021
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Have A Family Dentist - May 10, 2021