Almost 40 percent of all hair loss sufferers are women. Female hair loss due to androgenic alopecia transpires due to the miniaturization of hair follicles, which causes strands to appear shorter, thinner or more delicate and prone to breakage. But, other risk factors include the following: underlying illness lupus, anemia, diabetes, ringworm, polycystic ovary syndrome and thyroid dysfunction are all commonly associated with hair loss, which is why visiting a hair loss specialist or physician to diagnose your condition is critical. Stress After a traumatic event like a death in the family or job loss, hair loss is common. At the Hair Transplant Institute of Miami, patients suffering from female hair loss can undergo both low-level laser therapy or hair restoration surgery, depending on individual candidacy and hair loss patterns.
- 1Men who suffer from hair loss can certainly suffer a blow to their self-esteem.
- 2According to the American Academy of Dermatology, female pattern hair loss (FPHL) affects roughly 30 million American women.
- 3Hair loss due to aging can worsen with menopause, particularly when considering the massive hormonal changes during the change of life.
Almost 40 percent of all hair loss sufferers are women. Despite the astounding statistics, male pattern baldness is more commonly discussed – and aesthetically accepted – than female hair loss.
Read the full article at: https://www.miamihair.com/blog/hair-loss/emotional-toll-female-hair-loss/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021
- How Online Counselling Has Changed Mental Health Care - August 6, 2021