Today, however, hair plugs are a thing of the past. We’ve replaced these former practices with advanced procedures that leave virtually no signs of transplant, just natural-looking regrowth. In fact, hair transplants are barely recognizable among the general public, so you can stay discreet with your hair loss history. Brushing or washing vigorously can damage the natural scabbing process, so be as gentle as possible in the few days following surgery. With follicular unit grafting, our surgeons shampoo and check healing the day after surgery. Overall, healing time can vary by person and individual health factors. If you have a big event approaching, try to schedule your hair transplant surgery at least one month in advance to ensure scabbing and swelling has time to subside. The Ledge Closure technique developed and which helps direct hair at the wound site to grow through the scar line, virtually concealing any indications of a past surgery. This leaves patients happier with their overall results and more confident in showing off their fuller locks. Hair transplant surgery received a poor reputation in its early stages, when procedures worked to fill in balding but often resulted in an obvious plug-like look. New technologies make transplants relatively easy, effective and discreet.
- 1Nowadays hair restoration surgery can be done under minimally invasive conditions for streamlined and natural-looking results.
- 2The Ledge Closure technique which helps direct hair at the wound site to grow through the scar line, virtually conceals any indications of a past surgery.
- 3Typically, patients are ready to be out and about a week after the operation with no discomfort.
Although hair transplants are increasingly popular among patients suffering from male pattern baldness and other hair loss conditions, there are still many falsities and misconceptions about the practice.
Read the full article at: http://www.miamihair.com/blog/hair-transplant/hair-transplant-myths-debunked/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018