Are you thinking about a hair transplant? One of the things that needs to be considered is post-transplant care. What kind of care will be needed? To start with, no drinking alcohol for at least three days as alcohol can thin the blood and complicate healing. Also, a person shouldn’t engage in strenuous exercise for at least a week. Jogging, cycling and lifting weights should be avoided for three days for sure. For the first few days, you should prop your head while sleeping so that your forehead won’t swell. Another thing to avoid is washing your hair during the first 24 hours. When you do shower, it should be washed gently with cool water only. Light pressure should be applied to dry hair. No rubbing! Don’t brush it any sooner than you have to, and avoid hot styling tools for at least a week. No dyeing or chemically processing the hair at all. Also no using tight bands or clips. These steps will help with healing and encourage hair growth.
- 1Typically, most patients return to work and their daily schedule within 24 hours, but healing time varies by individual case.
- 2Hair often falls out from the transplant site a few weeks after surgery in order to allow for new growth.
- 3Do not jog, cycle or lift weights within three days of surgery. Vigorous exercise should be avoided for at least one week.
You may experience slight discomfort and soreness following the procedure. Hair often falls out from the transplant site a few weeks after surgery in order to allow for new growth.
Read the full article at: https://www.miamihair.com/blog/uncategorized/post-transplant-hair-care-tips/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- CBD Connects The Dots Between IBS, Anxiety, Stress, And Sleep - January 20, 2021
- How To Maintain A Healthy Brain As You Age - January 18, 2021
- Live A Healthy Life By Avoiding These Traps - January 11, 2021