The latest technology in regards to treatment of baldness is the ability to create a hair follicle from a person’s DNA sequence. Researchers in Tokyo are claiming that they have actually done this. To establish the hair follicles worked like the real thing, they engaged a largely recycled hair uproot method called follicle unit transplantation. They transplanted the hair follicles into mice and tested them. The results proved alarming for proper growth and duplication. The researchers stated that human clinical trials could begin as soon as the timeframe of 3 to 5 years. If the clinical trials prove to be useful, safe, and workable, this treatment might be available to the general public as early as ten years from now.
- 1We can now, in principle, bio-engineer our own fully functional hair follicles based on our own DNA
- 2They think a practical bio-engineered based surgical hair replacement treatment procedure could exist within a decade
- 3Not only did the transplanted hair follicles exhibit the normal growth cycle of hair follicles, they also grew the correct type of hair and at the correct orientation as a function of the transplanted location
In short, we can now, in principle, bio-engineer our own fully functional hair follicles based on our own DNA.
Read the full article at: https://blog.americanhairloss.org/research/regenerative-science-being-used-to-aid-in-hair-regrowth/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021