Nothing is more aggravating than taking a shower and finding yourself with a handful of hair. Slow growing or thinning hair is an issue that many of us face as we get older, and not all of us want to simply shave our heads to hide the fact that we are losing our hair. How do you cope with hair loss? One way is to look for products that stop or slow hair loss as well as those that stimulate the growth of your hair. These products can come in the form of oral supplements, sprays, creams, gels, and shampoos, but with so many options on the market, how will you know that the product will work? This guide is designed to help you counter the effects of hair loss by using shampoos and conditioners. We will take a look at the ingredients that are important for stimulating growth and review some of the best options for you to try.
What is DHT?
Dihydrotestosterone or DHT is a sex steroid and an androgen hormone that is responsible for making a male have certain characteristics, such as having a hairy chest or a deep voice, but according to recent research, it is one of the foremost causes of hair loss. DHT causes your hair follicles to shrink, and over time, there stop growing, which means that your hair will grow slowly. To stop this process, a DHT blocking shampoo will be one of the most natural ways to promote your hair growth.
What are the Advantages of Hair Loss Shampoo?
Shampoos that are designed to help prevent hair loss will typically cleanse your scalp and hair of DHT, but they can also be designed to help your hair in other ways as well. Sometimes DHT and dandruff can block your pores, which stunts your hair growth. Salicylic acid is an ingredient in many of these types of shampoos that will help to clean the pores on your scalp. In addition, ingredients such as niacin can improve the overall circulation of your scalp, which means that the follicles will be stimulated and get the nutrients that they require to grow properly. Hair that is thinning will also begin to thicken as you use these types of shampoo, as they typically contain thickening agents to make the hair fuller.
Ingredients to Look for in Hair Loss Shampoo
One of the main things you can do to stop your hair loss and promote growth is know what ingredients will help. Here are some of the ingredients that you should look for in your shampoo:
– Glycerin — This ingredient is a natural oil that is designed to keep the moisture in your hair. Glycerin will provide you with shiny hair that will grow instead of greasy hair that is simply weighted down.
– Silicone — This ingredient is another type of hair moisturizer that will make your hair healthy and shiny without it looking greasy. Shampoo with silicone in the list of ingredients is great for hair that is broken, damaged, and thin.
– Red Palm Oil — This is an ingredient that is rich in Vitamin E, which is great for stimulating your hair and encouraging it to grow. Increased scalp circulation will result in new hair follicles that are stronger than what you currently have on your head. Red palm oil contains saturated fats that will help prevent your hair from becoming brittle as it grows as well.
– Camu Camu — This is a fruit that is high in Vitamin C that originates in Brazil. If camu camu is present in your shampoo, then you can expect to have thicker hair soon, as it is often found in thickening shampoo. This ingredient also helps reduce the risk of bacterial infections that can occur on your scalp as well.
– Keratin — Keratin is one of the key components of your hair structure, so it makes sense that keratin protein would be good for your hair growth. This protein will work to rebuild and reshape your hair, which will revitalize it and make it stronger.
Top Shampoos for Hair Loss
1. Ultrax Labs Growth Stimulating Shampoo
As most of you know, caffeine is a stimulant that we often use as a means to wake up and get our bodies moving in the morning, and this shampoo uses this same concept. It utilizes caffeine as a stimulant that is designed to stimulate the hair follicles in your scalp and encourage them to grow. The shampoo also utilizes ketoconazole as a key ingredient to thicken your hair as it is being repaired. It also repairs any fungal or bacterial growth that could be causing dandruff or other scalp issues. In addition, Saw palmetto is added to the ingredients to block any enzymes that may be connected to hair loss.
Ultrax Labs Growth Stimulating shampoo has been credited with creating new hair growth within 30 days, but it can also dry your hair out, so it is best to use this product with a moisturizing conditioner to maintain healthy hair.
2. Phytoworx Organic Hair Recovery Shampoo
This shampoo focuses on plant stem cells and essential oils rather than caffeine. The plant stem cells are included as a stimulant that will revitalize and refresh hair follicles that have not been active in a long time. The essential oils in the shampoo are designed to increase the circulation in your scalp, which will increase the growth of your hair follicles. Some of the most commonly used essential oils that help prevent hair loss are tea tree oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and rosemary oil. Essential oils can also be added to other shampoos that you use if you prefer a certain type of shampoo.
Using the Phytoworx Hair recovery Shampoo will result in hair growth within the first two to three weeks of using the product. Because of the addition of essential oils, the shampoo will smell fresh and natural; leaving your hair smooth, clean, and healthy.
3. Pura d’or Premium Hair Loss Prevention Organic Shampoo
This is an all natural shampoo that is free from harsh chemicals that can cause damage to your hair and it smells good as well. This shampoo’s manufacturers went for all natural ingredients, and they packed the majority of them into this small bottle of shampoo. Some of the main ingredients in this product are argan oil, saw palmetto, B Vitamins, biotin, and nettles extract.
The shampoo is designed to be used on a daily basis without causing dryness and an irritated scalp. In addition, there is also a conditioner that is manufactured from the same company and designed to be used in addition to the shampoo. To use the conditioner properly, you must keep it in your hair for three minutes to allow the vitamins and minerals in the formula time to be absorbed into your scalp.
4. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
This shampoo is a great tool to use when you are trying to prevent hair loss, as one of the main ingredients in the shampoo is ketoconazole, which can treat scaly and dry skin on your scalp. The proteins in this ingredient bind together and stick to the hair, which means that it does not need to be used more than twice a week to be effective. Using this shampoo more than a few times a week will result in your scalp becoming excessively dry and itchy.
This shampoo is designed to kill fungus and bacterial growths related to dandruff as well as block DHT, which is the main cause of thinning hair in most cases. Many who use this shampoo have experienced a reduction in hair loss after a few uses. Nizoral has become a go to for those who are experiencing hair loss or thinning hair.
5. Nioxin Shampoo System
The Nioxin shampoo system is a Proctor and Gamble solution that has been being perfected for hair loss treatment since 1987. The product promises to “make the most of the hair you have” by creating thicker, healthier hair that you can be proud of. The ingredients in this shampoo line, which include saw palmetto and nettle extract, are designed to inhibit DHT from adhering to your scalp.
The bundle comes with shampoo, conditioner, and a scalp treatment that you leave in your hair for a short period of time to absorb the nutrients into your scalp. Proctor and Gamble have said that about 70 percent of the customers who have tried this product have experienced thicker hair within the first month of using the product.
6. DS Laboratories Revita Hair Growth Shampoo
This specific shampoo utilizes Emu oil as a way to help your hair follicles absorb the nutrients that they need to grow properly. It also contains ketoconazole to keep your scalp free from dandruff and other bacteria that may clog the pores on your scalp as well as scalp stimulators such as taurine, caffeine, and carnitine. It is suggested that this shampoo is used four to five times a week, and that it is left on your scalp for two to three minutes to allow the nutrients to be absorbed. Most individuals who tried this product have experienced hair growth in the first few months of use as well as a thicker head of hair.
Other Hair Loss Treatments
Using a hair loss shampoo is a great way to help stimulate hair growth and slow hair loss, but it does not work for everyone. If you find that these shampoo solutions are not for you, there are other options to try. Here are a few of them:
– Minoxidil is an over-the counter drug that has been proven to slow, and in some cases even stop hair loss; in fact, it even promotes hair growth in many situations. 50 percent of all of the males who tried this product have noticed hair growth in three to six months. The one drawback of this product is that it must be used forever to prevent additional hair loss.
– Rogaine is an unscented foam formula that is designed to reduce hair loss in men. It is one of the most well known hair loss treatments, and you will see results from using it in about four months.
– Bioroot is a hair serum that activates the dermal papilla to induce hair growth. It is an organic formula with no harsh chemicals.
There are a plethora of hair loss shampoos and products that you can try to stop losing hair and stimulate natural growth, but with so many options available to you, it is important to consider whether you want a natural solution or an organic one. Which ingredients are important for your shampoo to have? Maybe you prefer another method of preventing hair loss. The choice is yours but make it wisely, as it will ultimately decide how long your hair is going to stay on your head. If you do decide to utilize a hair loss shampoo, make sure to test it out first to ensure you do not have an allergic reaction before you begin using the product on a daily basis.