Like it or not, hormones have a powerful level of control over the human body. From the most basic biological process right through to higher level emotional and mental responses. Hormones play a role in making you who you are, and when those hormones shift for any reason, we can find ourselves starting to change and react differently. It’s perfectly normal, but knowing about it offers the chance to stay on top of the ebb and flow of day to day life. Particularly when life events start rolling through, offering fresh challenges.
Sometimes though, it’s not just minor changes. And it’s also not always an entirely natural change. Medical issues with the thyroid gland can produce personality and mental alterations in even the most sedate and placid of people. While the primary symptoms would manifest as reactive emotional balance changes, the cause would be a medical issue that may be quite treatable if identified. Thyroiditis is an inflammation of the thyroid that can be caused by certain diseases, and is not a completely uncommon condition. In Australia, for example, over seven percent of women have such diseases.
A patient with thyroid issues has options. There are drugs doctors can prescribe to treat hormonal shifts, and also to help address the biological cause of the thyroid problems in the first place. So when you feel yourself changing into someone a bit different from your norm, consult your physician to see what might be up.
Emotional issues could be hormonal, and your doctor can help with that. Check it out here. #HealthStatus
- 1The thyroid gland can get out of whack for several reasons – too much thyroid hormone, too little thyroid hormone, or an inflammation of the thyroid gland such as Hashimoto’s disease.
- 2Hypothyroidism is the most common by far of the thyroid ailments and is easily diagnosed by simple blood tests which measure the levels of T3, T4 and TSH.
- 3The weight gain and emotional instability caused by hypothyroidism can be relieved with medication which is taken daily and gets the thyroid hormones back to normal levels.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Natural Cold and Flu Remedies From Around the World - November 19, 2018
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018