Despite the best modern medicine can offer, the simplest, easiest, and most effective way to stay healthy is to exercise. Medical research continues to reinforce this finding, but a new study out of the United Kingdom tracked over half a million people and crunched the data in a very large burst of proof. When study participants were indexed for factors like level of physical activity, how strong their grip strength was, or measurable cardiovascular health, their chances of a cardiovascular incident such as stroke or heart attack was considerably lower. This was true even when a history of cardiovascular disease or previous cardiovascular incidents runs in that person’s family.
A genetic disposition toward heart problems can be overcome simply by staying fit and exercising, as can the existence of other risk factors such as diabetes or weight problems, or even age and gender. People who are physically active can half their chances of heart disease simply by exercising regularly. This finding held for all participants, none of which suffered from heart disease prior to entering the study. All were at least forty years old, and ranged up to their late sixties. Over the course of the study, as some of them suffered from cardiac incidents, the data was correlated to offer some very strong proof of what doctors have been saying for decades.
Exercise more and you’ll see the inside of the hospital less.
No matter how bad your family tree might be, exercise can stave off the genetic cardiac risk. #HealthStatus
- 1Around 500,000 people in the UK had a lower risk of heart disease due to physical activity even when it runs in the family.
- 2A strong grip makes you 36% less likely to develop coronary heart disease.
- 3Regular exercise can lead to a healthy weight, which lowers your risk for hypertension and diabetes.
Check out how many calories you are burning HERE!
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018