- Start the day with God. If you begin your day with Bible reading or a devotional time you will be ‘filled’ with God and not spend the rest of the day looking for other things, (food, spending, perfect people) to fill you up.
- Build connections. Connect with those you live with, work with, and fellowship with. Call, write, or email and begin or renew a relationship. If you have relationships that are broken, begin the steps to repair, forgive, and heal.
- Snack Smart! Snacks are a great way to refuel, depending on your choice of snack! Choose from different food groups, and avoid sugar and fats. Include protein in small doses for more energy.
- Work up a sweat! Vigorous work-outs, when you’re breathing hard and sweating, help your heart pump better, and give you more energy. Check with your doctor before you begin any strenuous workout.
- Balance your food choices. Don’t eat too much of any one thing. Be aware of your food choices and be sure to include a variety of fruits, vegetables, protein, and watch your serving size.
- Get fit with friends or family! Being active is much more fun with friends or family. Encourage others to join you and plan a special physical activity event, like a bike ride or hiking. Get connected to those who encourage being fit!
- Practice a new way of thinking about weight loss. This isn’t a short term ‘diet,’ it’s a new way of life! Weightlessness, not being defined by how much you weigh, is experiencing your best life!
- Join in physical activities in the community. Join a local softball team, or hiking club, or take a Pilates class at the local community center. Look for these in your local paper, or church for upcoming classes. It creates accountability because your team or class expects you to come!
- Foods aren’t good or bad. A healthy eating style is like a puzzle with many parts. Each part, or food, is different and it’s important to include a variety in your daily diet. Portions and selection of different foods create the energy and nutrition that our bodies need each day, each year, our lifetime!
- Enjoy Life! Understand that making changes in our physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental life, add up to freedom from the weight that burdens us!
If you’d like more tips to Live Light, CLICK HERE
Why not give New Life’s Living Light Intensive a try: CLICK HERE
10 Tips For Living Light! #HealthStatus