Are you starting to feel your age? There are some things you can do to help you age in the healthiest manner possible. Here are 10 tips:
- Get regular exercise. Pick something active that you enjoy doing and do it often. Living an active lifestyle will help you maintain physical independence.
- Eat a healthy well balanced diet. Don’t overdo sweets or salt.
- Keep learning. Challenge your brain. Cognitive stimulation can help slow cognitive decline.
- Keep up your relationships. Many as they age live alone, it is important to connect with others.
- Get the proper amount of sleep. Older adults still need the recommended 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night.
- Reduce stress. Yes, even as we age and trade in busy activity for more free time there will be stress. Be aware of stress and learn coping techniques.
- Stay healthy. Keep washing those hands and getting your annual checkups. Many serious health illnesses can be prevented or caught early if you stay on top of things.
- Take charge of your health by modifying any lifestyle choices that are not promoting wellbeing.
- Volunteer and get involved in your community. You may have more time than ever and there are endless ways you can contribute and make the world a better place.
- Prepare a health directive. This will lay out how you want your health handled if you aren’t able to be asked how you want something done. This is smart at any age.
Aging doesn’t have to mean you get old. Here’s how to take control of your life and live well. #HealthStatus
- 1Exercising regularly is a key to mental and physical wellness.
- 2Most adults in the US consume more than double the recommended amount of sodium per day, leading to several health issues.
- 3If you lead a lifestyle that promotes active learning, your cognitive abilities have a bigger chance of remaining intact as you age.
Read the full article at:
- (abstract 367O8HRHKF7S1Q1DSBSMV1D4XA24SI 32EYX73OY08I4TT9IUO16F2T28URUJ AY4B7SUM68J3G !!Ten Tips For Healthy Aging!!)(authorquote 3SA4EMRVJU1EPA3KHT1QOTIGTEG0PJ 3N4BPTXIO8RWHPGESAF453GF7GAUK3 A1LR0VQIHQUJAM)(keypoints 371QPA24C1NCORH9UTEA782NN981TT 36PW28KO4ZV9GGA6QJNA77RGGGOAEP AXULOFQTC4RA3)(tweet 3NKW03WTLL6SXC5KAD90VTHUZGKWQD 3P529IW9KYKIID16ILW6Y3SRMU7LF7 AW06DHUMM00YZ)(fbpost 3M93N4X8HJMI48KYVIFQ132NF8WJSU 3NGI5ARFTT4HJJMW3EASQIXHQUR1PM A1LR0VQIHQUJAM)
- Aging doesn’t have to mean you get old. Here’s how to take control of your life and live well.
- Are you doing these basic things to help you age more gracefully?
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Eye Health – Cataracts - February 18, 2019
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019