With so many of us suffering from type 2 diabetes these days, sometimes obesity can be a factor in controlling your diabetes. The American Diabetes Association is well aware of this. The organization has set new guidelines that say that weight loss surgery or bariatric surgery is a treatment option for this disease. Now more health insurance companies are allowing coverage for the surgery. There was a time the health insurance companies would not cover bariatric surgery. Also when after a person has the surgery and loses weight it has other health benefits. High blood pressure can be helped by this surgery. Excess weight makes our hearts have to work harder, which can lead to hypertension. The surgery can also help people that suffer from arthritis, and joint pain. Respiratory problems such as fat deposits on the tongue and neck can obstruct air glow to our lung, for some people with severe obesity and this issue can also benefit from bariatric surgery.
- 1Weight loss surgery is now an option for those suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- 2The surgery could cause some adverse side effects, like arthritic pain or heart disease.
- 3Weight loss is not the only determining factor in getting surgery, it also can improve the quality of one’s life.
The professionals at Dr. Feiz & Associates note that patients with type 2 diabetes have proven to be more likely to manage their condition and improve their overall health by losing weight through bariatric surgery.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Living with Eczema - August 20, 2019
- How to Handle Lice - August 19, 2019
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Trainer - August 14, 2019