With the end of summer nearing in August, the weather isn’t the only thing that’s going to be changing! When choosing the best and freshest produce, make sure you know what’s the best to buy in August. HealthStatus has created a list of fruits and vegetables you should turn to instead of that bag of potato chips.
What’s the best in August:
- English Peas
- Green, Red, and Yellow Peppers
- Cannellini Beans
- Romanesco Cauliflower
- Swiss Chard
- Baby Fennel
- Baby Turnips
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Black, White, and Red Currants
- Pink Grapefruit
- White Nectarines
- And More!
When you use the fresh produce, instead of something from a can, you’re getting the best ingredient. Often times, when produce is canned, dried, or processed, there’s excess sugars and unhealthy preservatives that are very unnecessary!
Choose fresh produce at the grocery store and start your healthy life today! Check out HealthStatus for more healthy lifestyle tips.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- The Secret to Giving (And Receiving) Compliments - June 26, 2018
- Purium Review: 10 Day Transformation Days 4 to Done - July 11, 2017
- Purium Review: 10 Day Transformation Days 0-3 - July 3, 2017