Cinnamon is one of the world’s oldest used spices having been utilized in culinary traditions of both the East and the West. Chances are you have cinnamon in your kitchen right now. You probably know about the warm and comforting taste, but you might not know about all of the health benefits that this versatile spice offers. Cinnamon has been shown effective in treating a variety of maladies, including digestive ailments like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Cinnamon promotes the secretion of digestive enzymes and helps to alleviate gas and bloating. Additionally, cinnamon relieves pain caused from ulcers and arthritis through its anti-inflammatory benefits. Finally, cinnamon supports healthy blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity, and is effective against Candida yeasts.
- 1Cinnamon is one of our oldest spices, used in ancient Egypt and early China as a flavoring for beverages and as a medicinal herb.
- 2Given its health-supportive properties, we could really benefit from using cinnamon more liberally.
- 3Try a savory recipe, a breakfast smoothie, or a soothing cinnamon elixir.
Given its health-supportive properties, we could really benefit from using cinnamon more liberally.
Read the full article at: http://culinarytherapyonline.com/cinnamon-super-spice/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How Nattokinase Supports Reproductive Wellness - July 18, 2018
- Truck Drivers, Obstructive Sleep Apnea & DOT Screening - July 18, 2018
- Smoking Down, but Tobacco Use Still a Major Cause of Death, Disease – WHO - July 17, 2018