You know the feeling. You come home after a long day at work and the first thing you do is walk into the kitchen. You open the fridge or freezer and try to talk yourself out of eating the frozen pizza. But you already talked yourself out of stopping at that fast food restaurant on the way home. You deserve a little reward, right?
Making healthy choices in the kitchen can be one of the most difficult places. But you don’t have to deprive yourself!
In a previous blog, we discussed ways you can substitute healthy alternatives for high fat ingredients in your foods. In this blog we’ll continue to talk about foods that allow you to enjoy your favorite dishes while saving calories!
Most of us love our carbohydrates. A big bowl of pasta. A side of fried rice. And yes, that pizza. But you don’t have to give up those things just eat less calories. A few substitutions and you’ll be on your way to a healthier you.
- Instead of spaghetti, try spaghetti squash
- Instead of traditional pizza crust, try one made with cauliflower
- Instead of rice, try cauliflower again
- Instead of penne pasta, try zucchini noodles
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018
- What Are Primary And Secondary Cannabis Terpenes? - November 8, 2018
- Hemp For Keto: Why Hemp Protein Is Perfect For The Keto Diet - November 6, 2018