Thyroid issues and fertility problems are quite commonplace in the public health sphere, and it is well-known that the two are linked. It’s important to note, as well, that thyroid issues are interconnected with gut health, which also plays a key role in fertility.
Healthy digestion in people with thyroid problems is an issue in and of itself. Low thyroid activity can lead to bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, causing digestive problems. These digestive problems can lead to ulcers, as the gut is where T3 and T4 are produced, which help to protect the intestinal tract. What is the connection to the thyroid, then? It is estimated that about 20% of the total function of the thyroid depends on the conversion of T4 into T3 by the gut flora.
Additionally, issues such as celiac disease can be tied to hypothyroidism.
A healthy gut means a healthy thyroid and a healthier fertility. Those who suffer from this condition should seek to normalize their gut flora in order to normalize production of the T3 and T4 hormones, which are critical to reproductive health and fertility.
It is recommended that those concerned with these issues seek out a fertility consultation with the proper professionals.
Did you know that your thyroid health affects fertility? #HealthStatus
- 1There may be a direct link between the thyroid and digestive health. People want to normalize their GI tract by simply eating better.
- 2Eliminating food sensitivity could be an important step for anyone out there. That could prevent the onset of Hashimoto’s disease for many patients.
- 3Find a way to resolve food sensitivity for anyone now in risk. That has been a goal for people involved in that medical research field too.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Can Epsom Salts Help Eczema Symptoms? Woman Claims it Cured Hers - January 20, 2018
- Boosting Moods with Foods - January 20, 2018
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis – its Causes and its Treatments - January 19, 2018