Problems with infertility impact twelve to fifteen percent of all women in North America. One of the modern causes of problems with conception comes from obesity. Women who are overweight experience higher chances of problems with various types of medical issues that impact fertility, such as ovulation or menstrual disorders.
Fortunately, the fix is fairly straightforward, even if making it happen might be a little more difficult for some. Improving physical activity levels and switching to a healthier diet can shave off the pounds that are affect the body’s fertility.
New research out of Canada is underscoring these recommendations. Obese patients who turned to surgical or drug treatments to lose weight did not gain nearly the benefit as other patients who transformed their lifestyles into a healthier pattern. The study also looked at the outcomes for women who did get pregnant. Those who conceived while obese passed not only a higher risk of obesity on to their child, but also an increased chance of developing diabetes to that child as well.
The Canadian study looked at existing medical data over a ten year period, focusing on patient weight, if or how they shed their excess weight, and how they went about it. The patients who lost it naturally were more likely to conceive and less likely to give birth to children who later developed medical issues of their own.
Improving your diet and exercise could be the difference between pregnancy and frustration. #HealthStatus
- 1Obesity both increases risk of infertility and decreases the effectiveness of fertility treatments.
- 2It is preferable that women who want to become pregnant lose weight through lifestyle changes, as opposed to bariatric surgery or medications.
- 3Losing weight is beneficial to fertility but must be maintained appropriately; extreme dieting before/during pregnancy is discouraged.
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of February 26th, 2020 are Here
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What Causes Student Stress And How To Avoid It In College - February 21, 2020
- Science Reveals Fascinating Insights About Who We Are And Where We Come From - February 20, 2020
- What To Look For In Quality Chiropractic Graduate Schools - February 20, 2020