This two minute and 39 second video explains the entire process of ovulation that occurs in a woman’s reproductive system. A woman’s ovulation period occurs a week or two before their monthly menstrual cycle, or period. Their hormones trigger the ovary to release an egg for fertilization if sperm is present in the reproductive system. After the egg is released from the ovary it then travels down the fallopian tube where it has a chance of running into sperm that was released into the female’s system. If the egg and the sperm come together and make general contact they will then fuse and this turns into the formation of a baby in a woman’s uterus. The later process is then referred to as pregnancy.
Key Points of Video:
- 1This is an in-depth presentation of how the female reproductive system develops and releases an egg.
- 2The female body produces large amounts of estrogen at varying times throughout the process to coincide with the needs of the egg.
- 3The pituitary gland plays a role in the reproductive process with the signal to release additional hormones.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- New Wearable Tech Could Boost Energy, Relieve Stress - February 25, 2017
- The Grass Is Not Always Greener On The Other Side: 7 Things To Consider Before You Move To A New Job - February 25, 2017
- Nutraceutical Company Discovers a Better Delivery System - February 24, 2017