Why do some women have unexplained infertility? Endometriosis can cause fertility problems, even ten years down the line. Endometriosis is more common than you think, it affects at least 5-10% of all women worldwide. The fertility of these large numbers of women who experience endometriosis may or may not be directly affected by this disease, as not all cases affect fertility, but some cases do. It is important if you experience symptoms associated with Endometriosis to go get checked out. Some symptoms, while not necessarily Endometriosis, can range from pain, abnormal bleeding, irritable bowel problems, back pain, weakness, nausea or fatigue. Talk to your doctor about any symptoms that concern you, or any changes that you have noticed. Treating problems as soon as possible will impact the success of potential fertility. Several tests are available to help diagnosis, including laparoscopic procedures and less invasive exams. There are also therapeutic options available to treat both Endometriosis and infertility, these include Hormone blocking drug treatments, surgery, and the use of systemic enzymes. Be your own best advocate when it comes to your fertility concerns, and reach out to your doctor. Discuss the possibility of Endometriosis causing your symptoms or your infertility. If this is the case, know that you are not alone and that there are treatment options.
Having problems getting pregnant? It could be endometriosis! #dangerous #HealthStatus
- 1Women experiencing infertility problems should have their doctors rule out the possibility of endometriosis with a laparoscopic procedure before beginning any fertility treatments.
- 2Even woman who have not had fertility issues or the typical symptoms may be suffering from endometriosis as it is often undiagnosed until a laparoscopic procedure is performed.
- 3Your doctor can offer various treatment options for endometriosis all of which may ultimately better your chances of improving your fertility.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018