Vitex or Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex agnus-castus) – Clinical research has shown that Vitex may be very beneficial for PMS symptoms, especially depression, headaches, rashes, acne, allergies and sensitivity of the breasts; 900 – 1,000mg a day or as a liquid tincture at 60-90 drops a day. Vitex is best taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) – Motherwort can bring quick relief to women who have painful periods and cramps coupled with symptoms like anxiety, rapid heart beat, hot flash, headache, dizziness, stress, and difficulty sleeping; 10-25 drops of liquid extract (tincture) every 5 minutes until symptoms begin to subside and then every 2 hours for next few days, or until pain has subsided completely. This method is intended for only for up to 4 months in a row.
Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) – Lavender has long been used to help reduce anxiety, irritability, insomnia and depression associated with PMS; used as a liquid extract, tea/infusion or essential oil (it can be combined with Rose Otto and Clary Sage, two other essential oils for PMS).
- 1Emotional health can suffer from the effects of PMS in some cases.
- 2PMS can really destabilize a person who has multiple emotional symptoms and alcohol and caffeine exacerbate the symptoms.
- 3Luckily there are natural therapies like acupuncture and yoga that help, also try dietary supplements like Dandelion Leaves, Lavender and Motherwort.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Smell Test Challenge Suggests Clinical Benefit for Some Before Development of Alzheimer’s - December 11, 2017
- 3 Fears About Screen Time For Kids — And Why They’re Not True | Sara DeWitt - December 9, 2017
- Electrolyte Issues From Bulimia – Knowing the Warning Signs - December 9, 2017