Some people might be concerned to realize that their yoga mat could be messing with their fertility. There are not many negative things that come from Yoga. It is a highly beneficial practice that many people do every day of their lives. But, it has been discovered that there is a hidden danger for people that are trying to get pregnant.
A team of researchers have found out that the chemicals that are located in your yoga mat, could prevent pregnancy from occurring. Scientists took the urine samples of over 200 women and found that women with higher concentrations of a common flame retardant in their urine were 40 percent less likely to become pregnant as well as have a successful birth. It might not just be your yoga mat either that is causing this issue. Many common household items carry the chemical that prevents women from getting pregnant. It does not take a lot to get the chemicals into your body, so you need to pay close attention to what your mat is made out of. The best mat to use for yoga is an all natural rubber mat. This info is very important for women that do yoga and are trying to get pregnant.
Flame-retardant-enhanced yoga mats can impact fertility, study shows. #HealthStatus
- 1Yoga mats may contain chemicals that prevent people from becoming pregnant.
- 2Organophosphate flame retardants, commonly found in yoga mats, are found in higher amounts in the urine of women who are having difficulty conceiving.
- 3These chemicals can enter one’s body via many different routes- breathing, touching, ingesting.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What’s New in Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy, 2017 - December 11, 2017
- The Link Between a Lack of Sleep and Type 2 Diabetes - December 11, 2017
- This Sugar Swap Could Be Your Best Bet To Lose Weight, Science Says - December 11, 2017