Oftentimes, people associate estrogen with the female reproductive system, but the truth is that without progesterone, follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and luteinizing hormone (LH), the female reproductive system would not be able to work properly. Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) experience abnormalities in their hormone levels, which can lead to issues with their body’s ability to regulate its reproductive system correctly.
Every hormone has its own function, and estrogen is highly responsible for the development of the secondary sex characteristics of a woman. From the shape of the body to the ability to maintain a pregnancy, estrogen has a great amount of responsibility on its shoulders.
- Estrogen is manufactured in the ovaries.
- This hormone guides the development of the entire female reproductive system, as well as the development of the skeletal system.
- Estrogen contributes to the regulation of the monthly menstrual cycle.
- This hormone ensures that fluids are produced to neutralize the female reproductive system, allowing for the survival of sperm and subsequent conception of a child.
- Estrogen also contributes to the success of a pregnancy and sparks the growth of milk ducts in preparation for lactation.
Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) do have estrogen, and can even have normal levels of estrogen. But issues arise when abnormally high levels of male hormones (androgens) overshadowed estrogen.
Progesterone is another important female reproductive hormone, and like estrogen its effects can be interrupted by excess androgens in women who suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Also released by the ovaries, progesterone is secreted after ovulation.
- This hormone is responsible for preparing the uterus for pregnancy.
- Progesterone stops ovulation if no conception takes place by stopping the release of FSH and LH.
- This hormone contributes to the maintenance of pregnancy once conception occurs.
- Progesterone both thickens the walls of the uterus in preparation for the birthing process and keeps the muscle in a relaxed state until the time comes to push.
- This hormone does not allow lactation until after the baby is born.
FSH and LH
Though produced in the pituitary gland in the brain, rather than in an ovary, FSH and LH are female hormones that play a major role in the reproductive system.
- FSH controls estrogen levels and initiates the growth of egg follicles.
- LH sparks ovulation once the egg follicles are fully developed.
Female reproductive hormones are important to understand when learning about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). By understanding the ways in which these hormones interact with one another, and the ways in which they affect the body, women with this disease can better cope with their symptoms.
To learn more about the subject of What Causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and female hormones, visit us on the web at https://www.pcos.com/female-sex-hormones-and-pcos
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of sleep disorders. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, obesity, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with their PCOS 5-Element System — the worlds only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Not sure if you are suffering with symptoms PCOS? Click the link below to take the PCOS Quiz and find out!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not an easy task, but you can overcome your symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s a step-by-step process that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms using our proprietary 5% Solution.
So take the next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS
- Take the PCOS Test and assess your risk!
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
About Insulite Health PCOS.com
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System — the world’s only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.