This is my favorite time of year because we’re getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving and I want to show you why giving thanks all year long is good for healing symptoms of hormone imbalance like weight gain, anxiety and fatigue.
In fact it may just be the secret elixir – the magic potion for getting and staying balanced more of the time.
Here’s what the science tells about an attitude of gratitude:
- Lowers stress hormones – women with hormonal imbalance tend to have higher than normal stress hormones.In a study of 45 adults who were taught to “cultivate appreciation and other positive emotions” there was a mean 23% reduction in cortisol (our stress hormone) and a 100% increase in DHEA… PLUS there was increased coherence in heart rate variability patterns.
- Improves sleep – we know that women can have a hard time getting a good night’s sleep. A recent study found that by writing in a gratitude journal just for 15 minutes every evening helped students worry less at bedtime and sleep longer and better afterward.
- Improves physical health – those who are grateful exercise more, and more movement increases positive brain chemistry which helps keep this awesome cycle going!
- Reduces aches and pains: according to a study published in 2012, grateful people experience fewer aches and pains.
- Lowers depression: those who show more gratitude are less depressed, and that means less cravings, better sleep, and a more positive outlook.
- Increases motivation: gratitude activates regions in the brain associated with dopamine – the brain chemical that seeks out “reward” and also helps us “initiate action” – which we really need to help us heal and stay well, and may be why we want to exercise more.
- Improves positivity: gratitude keeps your brain in a virtuous cycle of looking for more things to be grateful for! What we put our attention on grows: practicing gratitude “grows” exactly what we want – we get more of what we’re grateful for.
3 Ways to Develop Your Gratitude Muscles
- Keep a gratitude journal and write down 5 things each night that you’re grateful for, and why, before going to bed.
- Deploy opposition thinking: when a negative thought comes into your mind, immediately think the opposite – turn a negative into a positive.
- Get into a routine: challenge yourself to commit to this practice everyday for the next 10 days and see what happens!
An attitude of gratitude can increase your determination, attention, enthusiasm and energy compared to other groups. It’s not simply noticing that you are better off than others – this is not gratitude. “Gratitude requires an appreciation of the positive aspects of your situation.” says Alex Korb, Ph.D.
It takes practice like any other skill or habit, but it feels so good that once you start you’ll be hooked!
And for those of us with symptoms of hormone imbalance, it’s a vital nutrient we need.
I am so grateful for you and our beautiful community, and the incredible positive health changes we see here every day.
Set your path to a NEW YOU in 2020. No more dieting, no more over-exercising, no more deprivation of any kind! Just a step-by-step approach to heal your hormones and take charge of your health…finally.
Hurry because seats are filling up fast!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not an easy task, but you can overcome your symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s a step-by-step process that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms using our proprietary 5% Solution.
So take the next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS
- Take the PCOS Test and assess your risk!
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
About Insulite Health PCOS.com
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – the world’s only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Latest posts by Robin Nielsen (see all)
- 3 Steps To Menstrual Regularity Day 1: Causes of Menstrual Irregularity - December 5, 2019
- What you need to Know About Your Hormones & A Healthy Midlife - December 4, 2019
- Gratitude: A Vital Nutrient for Hormone Imbalance - December 4, 2019