Many of us afflicted with PCOS, are suffering from low grade chronic inflammation and are unaware of it. Inflammation is a natural response to injury in the body, but what happens when your body is constantly inflamed? Research shows that over time chronic inflammation can cause disease in the body. If you are a woman suffering from PCOS, then you know a thing or two about living with a long term condition. Eating a poor diet, smoking, drinking, not managing our stress levels, and a lack of exercise also affect how much inflammation we have in our bodies. The good news is you can reduce PCOS-related inflammation through diet, nutraceuticals and exercise.
Many illnesses and conditions stem from inflammation. These are a few symptoms associated with chronic low grade inflammation:
- Brain fog
- Weight gain
- Joint and muscle stiffness
- Body aches and pains
- Dry eyes
Inflammation in your body can be reduced by eating whole foods, adding in supplements, and making lifestyle changes. This regimen is not intended for weight loss although this may happen as a result. It is scientifically designed to lower inflammation in the body. To achieve wellness, it is so vital to eat whole, organic foods. Whole foods contain vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that promote healing. Moreover, a plant-based protein diet could also lower your inflammation levels. Junk foods, on the other hand, contain chemicals and synthetic ingredients that demote healing. By eliminating processed foods from our diets and adding in whole foods we can start to decrease the inflammation in our bodies. If you suffer from PCOS, you will also benefit from eliminating diet sodas and regular sodas from your diet.
The Anti-Inflammatory Diet:
- Essential Fatty Acids– These are found in fatty fish like sardines and salmon. Make sure that the fish is wild caught Pacific or Alaskan salmon, not Atlantic. Never eat farm raised fish because they are not fed their natural diet. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in nuts and seeds, particularly walnuts and flax seeds. Olive oil is another great anti-inflammatory food because it is high in omega-9 fatty acids. Try using a few flaxseeds and walnuts on your salad or oatmeal with a little drizzle of olive oil for a healthy meal,
- Remove refined sugar, processed foods, and high glycemic carbs- Basically no more “artificial anything.” At Insulite Health, we call processed foods “franken-foods” because they are synthetic and harmful. Many processed or convenience foods contain allergens that increase inflammation such as wheat, eggs, gluten, and soy. If you think that you may have a food sensitivity try eliminating them from your diet.
- Increase intake of fruits and vegetables- Eat a rainbow of colors of fruits and vegetables every day to diversity your diet and increase the amount of antioxidants that will decrease inflammation. Add in vegetables to every meal and snack for lots of fiber and anti-inflammatory nutrients. If you have PCOS, it is best to stick to low glycemic fruits such as berries. Oregano, ginger, garlic, and green tea are also rich in natural anti-inflammatory compounds.
These supplements complement the dietary changes and really help to replenish and nourish your body.
- The Insulite 5-Element PCOS System- If you have PCOS, chances are pretty good that you have an excess of inflammation in your body. The nutraceuticals in this system will help you not only overcome your PCOS symptoms, but also lower inflammation in your body.
- Take fish oil- This supplement is high in omega 3 fatty acids and is great for lowering inflammation. Make sure that you are getting your fish oil free of mercury and other heavy metals, since these are harmful to your health. If you are a vegetarian, try flax seed oil instead. They still have the omega 3 fatty acids, but are plant based.
- Choose a high quality multivitamin- It is vitally important to get the right amount of nutrients for your body. Look for a multivitamin with vitamins E and D. Both are really great at lowering inflammation. Also, vitamins C and B and magnesium are very powerful anti-oxidants.
By doing activities that bring us joy we are lowering the amount of stress in our bodies. We recommend that you compile a list of 10 of your favorite hobbies and strive to do at least 3 of them every day.
- Be physically active- Working out should make you feel great! Only do exercises that you enjoy. Walking, yoga, and pilates are all wonderful low impact workouts that will help you de-stress. Aim for 20-30 minutes of exercise 4 to 5 days a week. If you are new to exercise, try walking 10 minutes a day and slowly increase the time to let your body adjust.
- Give meditation a try- This is an excellent way to reduce stress! You may think of mediation as being difficult, but it is so important in healing. Close your eyes and focusing on your breath for 10 minutes. Whenever you mind wanders, gently bring it back to your breath. Optimally, you should meditate for up to 30 minutes each morning and night.
- Get plenty of rest- Make sure you are getting good quality sleep every night. Sleep between seven to nine hours every night. This will give your body the time it needs to heal from the stresses of the day and help you feel rejuvenated.
No matter where you are in the process of getting healthy, just know that it is possible to feel amazing everyday. We believe that by eating whole foods, taking supplements that nourish your body, and making healthy lifestyle changes, you will start to lower the inflammation in your body and promote healing with an emphasis on alleviating your discomfort and pain.
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not an easy task, but you can overcome your symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s a step-by-step process that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms using our proprietary 5% Solution.
So take the next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS
- Take the PCOS Test and assess your risk!
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
About Insulite Health PCOS.com
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – the world’s only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Latest posts by Robin Nielsen (see all)
- How Does PCOS Assault Your Body? - February 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About PCOS Treatment Could Save Your Life! - February 7, 2018
- Could PCOS Be Lurking in Your Genes? - January 31, 2018