Given its name, many people assume that Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is defined by the presence of multiple cysts on the ovaries; however, this condition is one that encompasses a large variety of symptoms, and one that can occur without the telltale cysts that many women develop.
To be sure, the cysts that form around the ovaries can be among the easiest to diagnose symptoms associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), but there are other signs of this condition that may be far more devastating, painful, and both physically and emotionally difficult to bear.
What Are the Other Symptoms?
Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) often experience a combination of symptoms that are listed below. Because these symptoms occur in different combinations from one woman to the next, it is quite possible that women can suffer from the same disease and have completely different experiences.
- Ovarian Cysts: The most obvious symptom of this disease, ovarian cysts actually do not occur in all women that develop this condition.
- Infertility: Possibly one of the most difficult symptoms for many women to endure, the hormone imbalance that causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) also inhibits ovulation, making getting pregnant a very difficult challenge for a large percentage of women with this condition.
- Hirsutism: Unnatural growth of facial and body hair, due to increased levels of testosterone.
- Menstrual Problems: Irregular or absent menstrual periods, stemming from a sporadic cycle caused by too many androgens (male reproductive hormones) in the system.
- Skin Problems: Acne, oily skin, skin discoloration, and skin tags.
- Obesity: Excessive weight gain and an inability to lose weight. Though weight gain is common, thin women may also develop Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Depression: This symptom can be a reaction to the discomfort and self-consciousness that many women with these other symptoms feel, but it can also be a more serious sign of the hormonal imbalance that underlies the condition.
- Sleep apnea: Thought to be brought on by weight gain, sleep apnea occurs when women have difficulty breathing in their sleep. This can cause many complications, including the feeling of choking or gasping for breath as well as fitful sleeping habits and extreme fatigue.
- High cholesterol and blood pressure: This is especially dangerous, as women with this hormonal imbalance are more prone to developing heart disease than those that are not.
- Pain in the abdomen and pelvic regions.
In order to best take care of themselves, women should understand that Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS ) does not only encompass multiple cysts on the ovaries—it is a disease that presents with a diverse list of symptoms and is capable of developing into more serious health issues. By remaining aware of these many symptoms, women can keep a better eye on their health.
To learn more about the subject of What Causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and ovarian cysts, visit us on the web at https://pcos.com.
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, obesity and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with their PCOS 5-Element System – the worlds only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Still wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS? Click the link below to take the PCOS Quiz and get your PCOS score!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not an easy task, but you can overcome your symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s a step-by-step process that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms using our proprietary 5% Solution.
So take the next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS
- Take the PCOS Test and assess your risk!
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
About Insulite Health PCOS.com
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – the world’s only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Latest posts by Robin Nielsen (see all)
- Fermented Foods For PCOS - May 23, 2019
- Roasted or Raw, Radish Is a Great Addition for a PCOS Diet - May 15, 2019
- How Does PCOS Assault Your Body? - February 12, 2018