There are many veggies I was unfamiliar with when I began my PCOS journey, and radishes are one of them!
Frankly, I didn’t know what to do with them — Are they eaten raw or roasted?
Do I add them to a salad or my smoothie?
What about the green leafy tops?
My first success with radishes was when I used them as a chip replacement with homemade guacamole… they were DELICIOUS and I was hooked!
Now I use radish in so many ways, including the leafy green tops, which are so yummy & nutritious as well.
Radishes for Your Health & Hormones
Radishes offer so many health benefits from detoxification of the liver to glowing gorgeous skin… they are a nutrient powerhouse!
They contain vitamins A, C, and K which help with cell repair and production, as well as keeping skin hydrated.
The fiber found in radishes aids digestion, keep you feeling fuller longer and working as a binder to help move stool along.
Good gut health is essential for women with PCOS. A healthy gut can easily break down and replace hormones, absorb essential minerals and nutrients, reduce inflammation and help attribute to a healthy weight and weight management.
Radish tops are a powerful detoxifier — adding radish tops to soups or stews, or even your morning smoothie can add a huge boost of nutrients as well as natural prebiotics!
The leaves of radish also have antiviral and antibacterial properties that help detoxify the body and flush out unwanted toxins. Reducing our toxic load is a top priority for women suffering from PCOS as toxins are a huge endocrine disruptor.
How to Find the Perfect Radish Bunch!
- Look for firm, smoothed skin radishes – avoid ones with large cracks and dried skin.
- Choose organic whenever possible – I love grabbing a bunch or two from my local Farmers Market.
- Look for leaves that are bright in color and still crisp – remember the life in food is what gives you life.
- Store radish bulbs in a sealable container in the fridge. – don’t discard the leaves just yet!
- Use the leaves for something new – add a few to your bone broth pot, your morning detox smoothie or even chop and sautéed the tops as you would with kale or collard greens.
- These crisp, crunchy and slightly spicy veggies are an awesome addition to crisp salads, roasted in place of potatoes or as my favorite, a chip replacement for your favorite dip!
- Slice them thinly and add on top of a taco bowl or into your veggie soup… I promise you will love them!
Do you have other tips & tricks for using radishes? We’d love to hear from you!
Access tons of other fun recipes & food ideas in your Resource Center here (members only):
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not an easy task, but you can overcome your symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s a step-by-step process that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms using our proprietary 5% Solution.
So take the next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS
- Take the PCOS Test and assess your risk!
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
About Insulite Health PCOS.com
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – the world’s only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Latest posts by Robin Nielsen (see all)
- Hormone Balance Day 2: Become More Stress Resilience - July 11, 2019
- Bilberry Extract for Regulating Blood Sugar & Insulin - July 9, 2019
- Dandelions for Hormone Balance - July 3, 2019