This week the biggest battle around our home is who’s getting to the figs first – me or the birds! We have a beautiful fig tree in our backyard and it’s loaded with figs! Hundreds of figs!
This week we have had about 3 ripen everyday! The kids have snacked on them but they were beginning to pile up!
We made these Cinnamon Salted Figs in the afternoon and then turned the leftovers into this delicious and easy BBQ sauce. Perfect for summer grilling!
Cinnamon Salted Figs
- 6 fresh figs
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Quarter the figs and place in a bowl.
- Add in coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Toss to combine.
- Place figs cut side up in a glass baking dish.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
Let these cool just a bit. Serve them with grilled protein or on top of a salad!
Chili and Fig BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion – chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 heaping tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cinnamon salted figs
- 1 6oz can organic tomato paste
- 1 tsp ACV
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat warm 1 tbsp oil. Add in chopped onion and pinch of salt and cook until fragrant – about 7-8 minutes.
- Next add in mustard and apple cider vinegar and give it a good stir.
- Add in bone broth and tomato paste and stir well to combine.
- Add in chili powder and figs and blend with an immersion blender or in a blender until smooth. Start with 1 cup broth and add to thin out.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Store in an airtight container in your fridge. This sauce also freezes well. Kick it up a notch and increase ancho chili powder to 1 tsp along with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
With summer right around the corner these two recipes are great to have on hand for nights you plan to grill!
Latest posts by Robin Nielsen (see all)
- Are You Hooked On Sugar And It’s Effecting Your Hormones? - April 8, 2021
- How to Rock Your Hormones in 15 Days! - April 8, 2021
- HBW Uplevel the LOVE in your life - March 12, 2021