It is no secret that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We teach our children that beginning the day with a good breakfast is the way to go. To often we use the phrase,” do as I say, not as I do”, when speaking with our children. We as adults also need to follow the rule that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Even when on a diet eating breakfast, can be your biggest and most fulfilling meal of the day. They are easy guidelines for us to follow, even for those of us in a rush can abide by. The trick is to know what to eat to keep us full, and what foods can help us lose weight as well. Remember to work smarter not harder, when trying to lose weight. There are a ton of options to help us get on the right path to losing weight. Starting your day with a sensible breakfast can have you losing weight in no time.
- 1Research has shown that breakfast skippers have an overall poor diet quality and make lousy food choices throughout the day compared with breakfast consumers. Not surprisingly, breakfast skipping is strongly associated with an increased likelihood of weight gain.
- 2Studies have shown that consuming breakfasts high in protein is associated with decreased appetite over the following hours and a reduced caloric intake during lunch by comparison to low-protein breakfasts.
- 3What’s more, the women in the high-calorie breakfast group showed better improvements in most metabolic markers, including fasting glucose, insulin, insulin sensitivity, and triglyceride levels. In fact, while mean triglyceride levels decreased by 33.6% in the high-calorie breakfast group, they increased by 14.6% in the high-calorie dinner group.
Studies have shown that consuming breakfasts high in protein is associated with decreased appetite over the following hours and a reduced caloric intake during lunch by comparison to low-protein breakfasts.
Read the full article at: http://blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea/2016/10/31/3-tips-for-the-ultimate-weight-loss-breakfast-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+plos%2Fblogs%2Fobesitypanacea+%28Blogs+-+Obesity+Panacea%29
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What’s New in Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy, 2017 - December 11, 2017
- The Link Between a Lack of Sleep and Type 2 Diabetes - December 11, 2017
- This Sugar Swap Could Be Your Best Bet To Lose Weight, Science Says - December 11, 2017