When your goal is to lose weight, it might be just as important how you combine the foods you eat as to how much you eat. Eating grains with vegetables is the best way to lose weight. Eating anything else with grains can cause a large weight gain. Eating one protein per meal is the appropriate way to watch your weight, because most proteins have high calorie counts. Proteins are also harder to digest. Substituting more veggies for dairy is also an essential to a healthy balanced meal. The next important health tip is to eat fruit on its own. The sugars that are in fruits digest in about twenty minutes, unlike their protein counterparts. If protein and fruit are in the stomach at the same time, digestion becomes much more complicated and can lead to an upset stomach. Vegetables are to be consumed in double servings. Vegetables are healthy and should always take up to fifty percent of your plate. A balance of starchy and non-starchy veggies make it so that your body doesn’t use up energy digesting carbs. Grains like bread and cereal are also essential for keeping your brain and muscles growing. Grains are packed high in fiber, which causes regular bowel movements. Your body needs a protein per meal, grains, vegetables and fruit to thrive and keep your body satisfied. Too many carbs and too much protein causes an upset or sour stomach.
Looking to avoid some common traps that keep the weight from coming off? Check this out. #HealthStatus
- 1Eat grains with vegetables, and meat with vegetables, but dont eat grains and meats together.
- 2Simple meals are easier to digest, so only eat one type of protein at a time.
- 3Sugar in fruit is digested quickly, so eat it on its own.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How Nattokinase Supports Reproductive Wellness - July 18, 2018
- Truck Drivers, Obstructive Sleep Apnea & DOT Screening - July 18, 2018
- Smoking Down, but Tobacco Use Still a Major Cause of Death, Disease – WHO - July 17, 2018