Staying and working at home does not mean that you can’t get any exercise. It’s essential to set a schedule and space for movement or exercise even without needing to go to the gym. With the recent pandemic crisis that the world is facing, nothing should stop you from living a healthy lifestyle and attaining your weight loss goals.
In this post, you’ll learn some healthy ways to lose weight while you’re staying at home.
Take On Activities You Love Doing
The idea of exercising can already be burdensome for some people, most especially those who foresee it as an extra chore. But, one of the healthy ways to lose weight is to do activities you genuinely love to do. Instead of spending hours running on a treadmill or biking on a stationary bike, find a type of movement that will motivate and excite you, disregarding the desired effects on your weight loss efforts.
Here are some examples of fun activities you might want to try:
- Active Play With Your Kids: Play tug-of-war, jump, and run in your backyard and exhaust yourself bonding with your children to help you lose weight.
- Gardening: Whether you love to plant flowering plants or organic vegetables, gardening is a healthy hobby that can also help you shed off extra pounds. So, choose to water your plants using a pail or a water can sprinkler for some weight exercise.
- Mopping The Floor: You may resort to cleaning the floor and the walls at least once a week to keep your home clean and more beautiful, and lose weight at the same time.
- Ballroom Dancing With Your Spouse: Dancing is an excellent exercise that can help you lose some weight. Ballroom dances, like cha-cha, jazz, and tango, would challenge your body parts to move and groove in the heightened sound of music.
Get The Right Amount Of Quality Sleep
Fitness and nutrition are two of the essential elements of weight loss, and the third is quality sleep. Lack of sleep may result in weight gain because you spend more hours awake, hungry, thinking, and eating. That’s why it’s vital to set parameters for yourself, most especially if your living space is the same as your workplace. Creating a sleep space that is designed for sleep is important to get the right amount of sleep.
Here are ways you can develop good quality sleep:
- Recreate your bedroom by changing curtains, painting the walls, or installing artwork. These activities could serve as a great exercise not just for the body, but also for the mind.
- Take advantage of aromatherapy and massage therapy to boost your mood for a relaxing rest and sleep.
- Keep away electronic devices, food, and paperwork out of your sleep space. It’s a good way to avoid tempting midnight snacking that can cause weight gain.
Avoid Alcohol, Sugar, And High-Fat Food
It’s easy to give in to tempting but unhealthy food and drinks, like those food with high amounts of sugar and fat, as well as those alcoholic beverages found in your home. Right from creating your grocery list, choose healthy food, like whole food, and avoid refined and preserved food as much as possible. Eating a balanced diet will keep you within your ideal calorie intake to avoid weight gain.
Watch And Perform YouTube Tutorials
Now, more than ever, healthy home weight loss workout video tutorials are most sought as an alternative to live gym workout tutorials. You’ll find a pool of exercise videos created by professional fitness coaches that you can watch and apply in your everyday life.
Here are the different topics you can watch on YouTube aside from exercise tutorials:
- Recommended diet options for various age groups
- Dance steps for millennials, generation Z’s, and even oldies
- Fun ways to stay active during lockdown
If it’s seemingly impossible to dedicate one to two hours of exercise at home, you might want to perform staggered exercises. It means that you can exercise in a short duration, such as 15 to 20 minutes early in the morning, or 10 to 30 minutes before bedtime.
Here are the advantages of staggered exercises:
- You won’t feel getting burnt out from handling various household tasks and doing exercises.
- Staggered exercises allow you to create a more flexible exercise schedule without compromising other important tasks at home.
- You’ll be able to exercise without causing a strain on your schedule.
One of the best indoor exercises you can try is yoga. This Asian-rooted exercise helps improve your respiratory and cardiovascular systems, as well as the muscular system, consisting of the bones, muscles, and joints.
Active, intense yoga poses can help you burn calories, helping prevent weight gain. Restorative yoga is not a physical type of yoga, but it still helps you lose weight. According to a study, restorative yoga helps overweight women to lose weight and reduce their abdominal fat.
Check out these yoga poses for weight loss:
- Chaturanga Dandasana or plank pose
- Trikonasana or triangle pose
- Virabhadrasana or warrior pose
- Adho Mukha Svanasana or downward dog pose
- Sethu Bandha Sarvangasana or bridge pose
- Sarvangasana or shoulder stand
- Parivrtta Utkatasana or twisted chair pose
Many people couldn’t imagine exercising without weights, exercise balls, or any other gym equipment. That’s why you have to be resourceful if you haven’t bought one yet and. You can fill up empty 1.5- or 2-liter soda bottles with water and use them as weights.
Consistency in doing home exercises is crucial to be successful in attaining your weight loss goals. Regardless of the duration of a workout, the important thing is you’re moving, sweating, and feeling good about yourself. Lack of exercise can lead to stress and depression, so consistency is a key not just for weight loss or physical well-being, but also for optimum psychological health.
There are many ways to lose weight while you’re staying at home. You can exercise while having fun, such as playing with your kids and doing things you love to do, like gardening. Take advantage of workout video tutorials, which are a cheap way to learn professional advice and movements to shed off extra pounds.
If you don’t have exercise equipment, be resourceful by using available resources at home and reusing them to create DIY home exercise equipment. Of course, it’s also important to get quality sleep, as well as to watch your diet to ensure that you’re not going over your daily caloric requirements.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Partners (see all)
- Air Ambulance Services: Things You Need To Know If You Are In An Emergency - June 1, 2020
- Meal Planning 101: How To Plan Meals And Make It Easy For Your Family - June 1, 2020
- CBD Dosage – Get Your Dose Right - May 29, 2020