Are extreme diets where we eliminate whole food groups effective and sustainable?
Gluten is a protein found in bread, pasta, cereal, crackers, beer, basically tons of stuff. Only those with wheat allergies or more seriously, celiac disease, must strictly comply with the diet though. Those with celiac or major gluten sensitivity will see the most improvement from the Gluten-free diet. Gluten can trigger inflammatory responses that lead to acne, rosacea, eczema. Not eating gluten can help clear up your skin. The drawbacks to gluten free diet are you may end up eating more calories then your body needs. The gluten free diet is a great for those who can’t eat gluten, with an appealing choice of options but everyone else can skip this diet if you don’t require it.
The dairy free diet is harder then it sounds. It requires avoiding milk, cheese, yogurt as well as many foods people often don’t think of like energy bars, sausages, and baked goods. Most people however don’t need to go completely dairy free. Concerns about animal welfare have increased the championing of dairy free diets, not just lactose intolerance. Benefits to going dairy free include a decrease in bloating and gas, heartburn and headaches. Your skin also might clear up to. Hormones found in milk can increase the production of oils that clog pores. The drawbacks are how crucial calcium and vitamin D are. People who take the dairy diet often have to take a vitamin D supplement and make sure they eat plenty of leafy greens. Bottom line is people can do without dairy.
Sugar free diet is like getting pollen out of the air, its everywhere. If you can limit sources like soda, candy, and baked goods along with processed foods you can greatly reduce the 77 pounds each person consumes on average in a year. Cutting out sugar can stabilize your mood, eliminating the surge and plummet that often comes with the body digesting glucose. Not all sugar is bad though, fruits have natural occurring sugar but are a healthy source of essential nutrients. Bottom line, going sugar free can boost your mood, but just cutting back can be good to.
The paleo diet consists of foods that can be hunted, fished, or gathered. The benefits include feeling fuller longer from the high protein intake, and you will be getting plenty of vitamins from whole fruits and vegetables. the drawbacks are possibly missing out on key nutrients from strict adherence to the diet. You may also get to much cholesterol and saturated fat if your main protein is red meat. Bottom line is focusing on whole foods is always good, but eliminating entire food groups paleo-style may make it harder to get nutrients you need. listen to your body and work with a health care provider to figure out the best way to nourish yourself.
- 1Many persons have started adopting a gluten-, dairy-, and sugar-free dieting lifestyle that goes to the extreme of avoiding food groups entirely.
- 2When avoiding foods containing gluten, you may end up eating more calories than your body needs and setting yourself up for a potential vitamin deficiency.
- 3If you go dairy free beware you need to add calcium and vitamin D from other sources.
See the original at: https://www.allure.com/story/gluten-free-dairy-free-sugar-free-paleo-diets
Did You Know?
- The current prices for the Entire Purium Line as of May 24th, 2019 are Here
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Post Workout Drink: Pickle Juice? - May 22, 2019
- Can You Still Get Mumps Even Though You Are Vaccinated? - May 20, 2019
- Are Eggs Good or Bad for You? New Research Rekindles Debate - May 15, 2019