One of the most popular diets is the Atkins diet which was introduced in 2003. The Atkins diet is a diet that consists of eating low-carb meals, and foods high in protein such as bacon, eggs, steak, etc. For some people, this sounds like a dream. For the person in this article, it wasn’t the same way. They were developing greasier skin and they were losing sleep at night. Eating wholesome foods and healthy fats just wasn’t worth it. Another high-fat diet is the Keto diet. Even though healthy fats seem to be taking a toll on the writer’s body, for many they are very beneficial.
Some of the benefits to fats are that they keep you fuller for longer, make you smarter, kills viruses, and many more.
According to the “Dietary Guidelines”, it is recommended that only about 20-30 percent of your daily caloric intake should be fat.
Along with the benefits of eating fats, there comes downsides. They aren’t too helpful with our liver which accelerates our age. Fats can also lead to overeating, which in the long-run may cause obesity and can lead to inflammation in the intestines and lower bone density.
Overall, it depends on who you are when it comes to the diet you want to stick to. Some diets have different effects on different people. It is important that we pick a diet that is both helpful and healthy at the same time.
A few facts can slow down your adoption of bandwagon dieting in favor of a better decision. #HealthStatus
- 1While reducing carbs can lower calories, not everyone’s body is ready for a high protein diet.
- 2What we eat on a daily basis has a real and powerful effect on how we feel.
- 3In moderation, certain kinds of fat are a necessary and important part of a healthy diet.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021