When starting an exercise program for purposes of weight loss, most people will choose activities that are high in duration but low in intensity. Walking or jogging for long distances, for example. Some studies show this isn’t necessarily the best way to achieve your goal. Interval training has been shown to be far more efficient at reducing weight when exercising.
Interval training, also known as High Intensity Interval Training, or simply Interval Training, is mixing short periods of very high effort exercises with other periods that are less intense. When done correctly, interval training can yield good results in only twenty-five minutes.
When interval training talks about high effort or high intensity exercises, this refers to the heart rate created by the exercise. Those that produce heart rates at ninety percent or more of your maximum heart rate quality as high intensity. Moderate exercises are those that fall within the fifty-five to sixty-five percent range. When one of each, one high and one moderate, exercise period are joined together, this is considered one interval exercise.
Interval training is becoming more popular because it squeezes more exercise out of less time. By mixing the high and moderate energy level activities, the body is pushed more, and more quickly as well. It’s shorter than traditional cardio training, but every bit as effective.
You should read this article about interval training. It’ll help you a lot in losing weight! #HealthStatus
- 1Interval training is a type of training that alternates low intensity with moderate intensity training.
- 2Interval training burns up to three times more energy than aerobics.
- 3Sprints and jogs, tabata, and rowing are three examples of interval training.
See the original at: https://blog.muscle-zone.com/want-to-lose-weight-use-intervals/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Four Easy To Adopt Habits That Help You Shed Excess Weight - May 27, 2020
- How To Deal With Anxiety And Stress During These Difficult COVID-19 Times? - May 27, 2020
- How Probiotics Can Assist With Immunity - May 26, 2020