Trying to lose a few pounds? We here are some simple substitutions you can make to help in your weight loss efforts:
- Instead of drinking a glass of orange juice for breakfast – eat a whole orange, you will save around 45 calories.
- Instead of regular bacon switch to Canadian bacon which has fewer calories.
- Instead of whole milk switch to nonfat or low fat milk.
- Instead of sugar in your morning coffee or latte use sugar substitute.
- Instead of mayonnaise on your sandwich use mustard to save 100 calories per tablespoon.
- Instead of a Big Mac and large fries, go for a plain hamburger and a small French fry and save a whopping 590 calories!
- Instead of potato chips at snack time, have an apple instead for less calories plus the added benefit of more fiber.
- Instead of your usual soda switch to diet cola or iced tea. You’ll save 150-200 calories per drink.
- Instead of white bread, white rice substitute whole grain foods. You will not only cut fat and calories, but whole grains have been proven to reduce the risk of colon cancer by increasing the fiber that your body needs.
- Instead of using butter on your baked potato replace it with nonfat sour cream.
- Instead of Caesar salad, substitute a dinner salad with nonfat salad dressing.
- Do you love pasta? Have spaghetti with marinara sauce instead of fettuccini with Alfredo sauce. You’ll save at least 500 calories!
- When you’re going out with friends, watch your alcohol intake. Instead of using Coke or Seven-Up with your drinks, choose tonic water or seltzer.
- Get more walking time by replacing coffee breaks with exercise breaks. Also use half of your lunch break to take a brisk walk with a co-worker.
You don’t have to go on a strict diet to lose weight. Change to more sensible eating habits and start moving your body by walking, swimming or bicycle riding. You’ll be rewarded by good health and a fit body.
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Hemp Will Change The World: Meet Drew - July 19, 2019
- Buying CBD Oil Online vs. Buying CBD Oil Offline - July 18, 2019
- CBD For ADHD: What Does Science Say About CBD & ADD? - July 17, 2019