Achieving a fit and healthy body require regular exercise. If you want to speed up weight loss with the help of exercise machines, like cardio workout equipment, you also need more discipline, diet modifications, and other lifestyle changes to ensure consistent results.
Cardio exercises refer to rhythmic activities that raise the heart rate into a person’s target heart rate zone or the heart rate where body calories and fats are burned. Cardio machines help you achieve this goal by training your heart and lungs to become stronger while you improve your metabolism and burn more calories. You’ll burn the most calories by using cardio machines that work your powerful leg muscles.
In this post, you’ll learn about the best cardio machines you can use to help you attain your weight loss goals faster.
When it comes to intense calorie-burning cardio machines, a treadmill is the number one choice. That’s why die-hard runners, gym enthusiasts, and fitness gurus invest on treadmills. How does this cardio master help speed up weight loss?
Depending on the effort you can dedicate and the number of calories you want to burn, treadmills have various speed and movement settings. A treadmill is one of the best cardio machines that can provide you options to increase the incline, more speed, or walk backward, accelerating intensity to help you shed more pounds.
Here are some tips to help you lose weight faster using treadmills:
- Treadmill Exercise Time: The recommended time to use a treadmill is at least 30 minutes every day, which provides moderate intensity. For newbies, this intensity is as good as brisk walking. You can increase it as your fitness improves by tuning up the speed settings.
- Mix It Up: You can split a long workout session if your treadmill time gets quite boring or you feel short of time. You can combine treadmill exercise by trying other aerobic exercises, like cycling, dancing, or swimming. Also, you can combine it with strength-training because building muscles can help you burn more belly fat. Muscles at rest will burn more calories as compared to fat cells.
- Watch Your Diet: While you lose belly fat faster on a treadmill, you should also watch your intake. Fruits and veggies are low in calories. Lean proteins and whole grains are also recommended. Reduce eating sugary treats and processed and packaged foods, too.
A rowing machine is an unexpected calorie buster. It mimics the literal action of rowing a boat, allowing you to use multiple muscle groups. It’s a piece of ideal cardio equipment because it increases your respiratory rate. Heart rate and rowing exercise can be performed in increasing aerobic intensity up to 30 strokes per minute.
Here’s how to choose the best rowing machine for home use:
- Consider Your Comfort: Choose a rowing machine that you can comfortably push yourself while working out, like an ergonomically designed equipment that fits your body type. Make sure that it’s adjustable and check the seat padding — ensure that it’s cushy enough.
- Check the Features: For faster calorie-burning, you have to check the best features for a rowing machine. One with preset workouts and heart rate-monitoring capabilities is highly recommended.
- Space and Size: How much space do you have at home for your rowing machine? Make sure that you have enough room so you can glide back and forth effortlessly and stress-free without hitting furniture pieces or walls.
Don’t forget to check the weight limit of the rowing machine. Most brands of rowing machines can handle 300 pounds, and some can accommodate up to 500 pounds.
A stationary bike or indoor bike allows you to cycle without worrying about safety issues than outdoor biking brings. Indoor cycling helps improve the muscle tone of the thighs, hips, and buttocks. But, how can you speed up weight loss with indoor cycling?
Here’s how indoor cycling can help you lose weight:
- Set the Right Resistance: Resistance is required so you can get the most out of your stationary bike. But, don’t set it too high if you’re still starting out. You know that your resistance is too high if you feel continuous pain during indoor cycling.
- Use Good Form: When riding a stationary bike, you should have the right form or position. On your first ride, you can take a spin class and ask your instructor to set up your bike. The saddle should be adjusted to your hip level according to your size and weight so that you feel more comfortable during a workout and keep your joints protected.
- Indoor Cycling: Take a steady ride for 15 to 60 minutes and enjoy indoor cycling while listening to music or watching your favorite movie or TV show. By doing so, you’ll build cardiovascular endurance and burn more fats and calories. Gradually increase the level of your indoor cycling intensity in 5-minute increments.
It’ll feel like climbing a hill because your workload gets harder. Just keep the pedals moving, accelerating your pace at two-minute intervals, and end your workout with a five-minute cooldown.
Elliptical machines are low impact, and they make the activity less tedious and stressful on your knees, ankles, and back. An elliptical trainer provides a total-body calorie-burning workout. Newer elliptical trainers are geared to intensify weight loss because they automatically change the speed, stride length, and resistance level.
You can achieve the best elliptical weight loss results by gradually increasing the frequency and length of your workouts. Start with three 10-minute sessions daily if you’re a newbie. Maximize weight loss by working up to elliptical training sessions lasting 30 to 60 minutes long. Increase the number of elliptical exercise sessions to at least five times per week so you can enjoy the best results and attain your weight loss goals faster.
The above-mentioned cardio equipment are highly recommended to help you shed more pounds at a faster rate. Cardio exercises are daunting, but with the help of these exercise devices, a workout can be more enjoyable and less daunting.
Get the most of these cardio machines by knowing the best form, time, and exercise duration so you can achieve your weight loss goals for optimum health and fitness.