Low levels of potassium in your body can lead to serious health issues. Potassium is a essential mineral that is needed to keep your body functioning at it’s best. Potassium is very important to your muscles including the heart. The good news is that there are several fruits and vegetables you can get potassium from. These include bananas, peaches, avocados and almonds.
You should be aware of the symptoms of low potassium in your body. The level of potassium you have can affect your digestive system. It can lead you to feeling cramped or bloated. If you are feeling bloated all day it could be due to the bodies inability to regulate the salt levels which are tied to potassium levels.
It is important to get more potassium to protect your heart. Low levels can lead to heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat rhythm. Also it can affect your heart contractions that are controlled by electrical impulses. By adding more potassium to your diet you are protecting yourself from heart disease, the potential of a stroke and having a heart attack.
Another area to be aware of is feeling fatigued or tired for no reason. Mention this to your Doctor on your next visit if this is happening to you.
Potassium is very important to the nerves so if your levels are low you may develop numbness or tingling sensation. Also can feel like being pricked by pins and needles.
Potassium also plays an important part in maintaining your blood pressure. It helps to minimize the effects of sodium.
- 1Potassium is essential to over all health. Low potassium may cause multiple health problems.
- 2If you have a high sodium diet potassium will help lower your sodium level thus decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 3General fatigue can be caused be low potassium. Your body requires potassium to function normally. When it doesn’t have enough it starts to slow down.
See the original at: http://ifoodrecipe.com/6-alarming-symptoms-low-potassium-levels-body/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Blood Test May Predict Who Is Most At Risk For Diabetes - July 19, 2018
- My Mammogram Missed My Breast Cancer - July 19, 2018
- How Nattokinase Supports Reproductive Wellness - July 18, 2018