From our parents, to our science teachers, from cheesy public service announcement commercials to the literature found in doctor’s offices across the country… drinking water as a “fuel” to hydrate our bodies is constantly drilled into our heads. And, no one in their right mind should dispute those beneficial claims. After all, our bodies are made up of 60% water. But, what you don’t hear is how consuming certain foods can help reach the minimum adequate amount of daily water consumption. Or, better yet, maximize that amount for even more added benefits. This is especially crucial in the summer months. Temperatures are higher than ever and yet, we still enjoy summertime rituals of having fun in the sun. Along with water, choosing certain foods can help provide the extra hydration our body craves. You can probably guess that certain fruits top that list.
First, watermelon. Watermelon is probably the messiest fruit to eat. Why? Because of how much water/juice is contained in the sweet fruit. Watermelon contains about 90% water! Eating this summertime favorite will sure provide hydrating benefits. As well as pineapple, mango and grapefruit.
Other, non-fruit food items to consider consuming… cucumber, celery and yogurt. Yes, water is essential, but be creative and switch it up a little. Next time you have an outing this summer, whether it be a beach day or a picnic in the park, put some consideration into the food you pack. After all, some of your yummy go-to snacks could very well help provide that much needed fuel hydration to get you through these summer days.
Eatable water? You will love these recipes using foods that count as water. Check them out! #HealthStatus
- 1Summer time is the season where we should be extra mindful of keeping ourselves well hydrated especially if we spend a lot of time outdoors.
- 2We can hydrate our bodies daily by drinking the recommended amount of water and by eating a variety of fruits and yogurt.
- 3Some fruits, such as watermelons and grapefruits, are not only over 90% water but are filled with vitamins and antioxidents.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018
- What Are Primary And Secondary Cannabis Terpenes? - November 8, 2018
- Hemp For Keto: Why Hemp Protein Is Perfect For The Keto Diet - November 6, 2018