Fiber is important in the digestive tract and there are many benefits associated with a high fiber diet. This includes preventing colon cancer, which has seen a rise in recent years among women. The author encourages readers to incorporate more fiber into everyday diet slowly. This allows individuals to avoid unwanted side effects, such as bloating, diarrhea, and discomfort.
The article lists 9 foods as high in fiber. These include:
(1) Artichokes, where a medium sized one will hold about 10.3 grams of fiber;
(2) Lima beans, with 13.2 grams per cup;
(3) Lentils, which contain 15.6 grams of fiber and 18 grams of protein per cup;
(4) Black beans, containing 15 grams of fiber per cup;
(5) Whole wheat spaghetti, which offers 9.5 grams of fiber in 1.5 cups;
(6) Raspberries, with 8 grams of fiber in one cup;
(7) Chickpeas, that have 12 grams of fiber in one cup;
(8) Barley, with 9 grams of fiber in 1.5 cups; and,
(9) Pears, which contain 9 grams in one and a half medium-sized pears.
The article emphasizes these dietary add-ons as health additions to diet to ensure that the proper amount of fiber is included in everyday food intake.
Didn’t know what missing out on fiber could do to you… did you all know this? #HealthStatus
- 1There are many natural foods that contain more fiber than a fiber bar.
- 2Frozen or canned lima beans can give you 13.2 grams of fiber.
- 3Whole wheat pasta can give you plenty of fiber coupled with some vegtables.
See the original at: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/foods-high-in-fiber
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018
- A Typical Communication Pattern of People with Alzheimer’s Disease - July 20, 2018
- Learning to Relax - July 20, 2018