A common class of over the counter pain and anti inflammation medication is nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs. Not all drugs in this category are over the counter though; some require a doctor’s consultation and approval before taking. Consider naproxen and celecoxib; respectively branded as Aleve and Celebrex.
Both drugs can treat pain, arthritis discomfort, cramps including menstrual problems, and can reduce fever. They share some common side effects, such as the possibility of experiencing nausea or indigestion, diarrhea, or even the causation of pain in the head or abdomen. Both are also capable of inducing ulcers in the digestive tract, which can lead to internal bleeding that could, if significant enough, be quite serious.
But the drugs are handled on separate availability because some differences do exist. For one, Celebrex does not affect the clotting of the blood the way Aleve does. One result of Aleve, similar to aspirin, is that it tends to thin the blood somewhat which can mean any bleeding that might occur while taking it goes on for a longer period.
Celebrex carries the possibility of an allergic reaction in some patients that take it. These reactions include itching and other skin rashes, as well as problems with breathing. These are more likely if the patient already has allergies with these symptoms.
Is Celebrix right for you, or can you skip the doctor and pick up some Aleve at the store? #HealthStatus
- 1There are lots of different choices out there when it comes to anti-inflammatories and pain relivers.
- 2One such choice is between over-the-counter Aleve and prescription Celebrex.
- 3While the two compounds serve similar roles, they have very different lists of side effects and interactions – you should review which is best for you.
See the original at: https://www.medicinenet.com/aleve_naproxen_vs_celebrex_celecoxib/article.htm
Designed to help people who may want an alternative to NSAIDs or non-steroidal drugs and aspirin, OR those who no longer qualify for a prescription (as well as those who simply reject pharmaceutical drugs) yet have discomfort related to some physical trauma. Naturally help EASE your body from daily wear and tear, with Turmacin that may support healthy muscles and joints.
- Can support body’s response to inflammation
- May support healthy responses to physical tension
- May be taken daily
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018
- A Typical Communication Pattern of People with Alzheimer’s Disease - July 20, 2018
- Learning to Relax - July 20, 2018